Student Life- Before and After Care Program
STUDENT LIFE is the before/after school care program for Elementary School students at Achiever.
Student Life Hours:
7:20AM - 8:15AM Morning Session
2:45PM - 6PM Afternoon Session (Mon.-Fri.)
8:15AM - 9:15AM Morning Session (Late Start Wednesdays)
Families receive a reduced hourly rate if they enroll their child(ren) in Student Life ($8 per hour; quarter hour increments). There is a $40 non-refundable fee required to enroll.
We also offer "drop-in" services at $10.00 per hour (whole hour increments). If you're unable to pick-up or drop-off your child during regular school hours, we are here for you! You can pick-up Student Life enrollment and drop-in forms from the Elementary Office or the Student Life Room (B2) Please contact David Culley for more information.
Preschool extended child care is included free of charge with our extended preschool program.
The Student Life Program for Kindergarten through 6th grade takes place in Room B2 and is structured as follows:
- 3:00PM - 3:15PM Arrival
- 3:15PM - 3:45PM Outside Time at the Amphitheatre (Snack Shack, Organized Games, & Free Play)
- 3:45PM - 5:00PM Homework Time or Quiet Play (Kindergarten, First & Second Graders remain in Room B2. Third Graders and above do homework in the adjoining Room B1).
- 5:00PM - 6:00PM Free Play
Student Life Leaders
David Culley is a graduate of San Jose State University with a B.A. in Psychology.
After finishing school he began working with school children with autism, emotional disturbance, and violent behavior. As a classroom aid he learned through extensive training and experiences a variety of behavior management and violence de-escalation skills. He continues his education through a range of seminars on behavior management, autism, and group game leadership.
He loves having the opportunity to work with children of all different temperaments in an environment where he can share the love of Jesus Christ through word and action throughout the school day and while teaching the weekly chapels at Achiever Christian School.
- David is a 4th degree black belt in Martial Arts and is still training after 22 years.
- David races his 1990 Mazda Miata in an event called Autocross.
- David was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADD at an early age and that is why he loves working with children with special needs.
Alec is working toward being a physical therapist.
Alec hopes to spend time studying in Spain.
Alec has spent every summer for the last 13 years somehow involved in Camp/Summer on the Hill
Keith Powell has been a volunteer in the junior high school youth group at Church on the Hill for the past 7 years and enjoys building relationships with the students and watching them grow in God. He has spend time studying at Evergreen Valley Collage and plays for his church’s soft ball team each week. Mr. Powell also loves playing table-top games with friends and reading in his free time.
- Keith is an avid San Jose Sharks Fan.
- Keith’s favorite book is The Name of the Wind.
Setting a foundation for following Jesus and pursuing excellence