I am delighted to be in your child’s life, this year and for many years to come. I have been teaching for so long. The first preschoolers (2-3 year- olds) I taught are thirty-seven or thirty-eight years old! I am still in touch with many of my former students. I have danced at former students’ weddings, gone to their baby showers, and even helped bury one of them. Sooo…as I say, I hope to be a part of your child’s life for years to come. God has ordained us to be together; that I know for sure. May the Lord guide us and bless us as we work to do His Will. Although I have had many successes, my most important achievement is when I ask Christ to be my one and only God. Knowing God, loving Him, and being His child has changed my life. If you ever want to know more about the Living God, please let me know!
Kim’s education includes:
- Association of Christian Schools International Lifetime Educator’s Certificate (2013)
- California State University, Fullerton
- M.S. in Curriculum & Instruction with a Staff Development Emphasis (1991)
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (1984-current)
- Pacific Christian College
- A.A. in Early Childhood Education (1982)
- B.S. in Child Development (1982)
Awards & Extras
- Kim Shields was awarded the first “Educator of the Year” award from Achiever Christian School, in May of 2013.
- Mrs. Shields also had specialized training “Orton-Gillingham Reading & Language” which is a multi-sensory learning method. She has completed various classes and trainings on specialized education on different learning styles.
- Kim Shields contributed writing, editing, and piloting a Bible curriculum called Biblical Choices for a New Generation. (1990-93)
- Mrs. Shields was also nominated for “Who’s Who in North American Education” 2012-2013
- Upon graduation, she was awarded the “Trudy Chapel Professional Contributions Award,” in 1982
- She was nominated for “Who’s Who in Outstanding Young Women of America” in 1981
Kim’s teaching experience includes:
Mrs. Shields was a preschool teacher for eight years, starting in 1978! She had her own kindergarten classroom for 14 years, at Eastside Christian and Los Gatos Christian schools, respectively. She has been a substitute teacher, private tutor, and chapel speaker for many years. This is her fourteenth year of teaching first grade, full-time, at Achiever.
Mrs. Shields loves teaching children so much, because they always have fun learning!!! Ministering to children and families is her calling. She is still excited and honored to be called “Teacher.” She is also still learning!
More about Kim:
Kim and her husband Andy have been married for twenty-seven years. Their son, Tommy, is an Achiever Alumni! He is in school and works at our church, Cathedral of Faith. Kim depends on God’s Word, prayer, and friendships! Her birthday is August 20.
Please…no edible treats for Mrs. Shields. She is trying to stay away from sugary things. (Fruit and veggies are okay!)
She loves Passion iced tea (with two Splenda) and plain black coffee from Starbucks or anywhere. She appreciates gift cards to Costco, Target, Chili’s, Carl’s Jr. and just about anywhere!
Setting a foundation for following Jesus and pursuing excellence